Damn, the ENT man has a lisp... what's he saying?

Appointment today with the ENT man.

The appointment was set for 10:45 but the waiting room was rammed packed full of the elderly and the not so elderly and so I didn't get seen until 11. In that time I had the wonderful pleasure of watching 'Homes Under The Hammer' on a massive TV, just how many people actually enjoy this type of drivel?!

The appointment lasted no more than three minutes - I kid ye not. Here's what happened:

1 - I was sat down, noticed a trainee gawping at me from the corner - lovely!
2 - ENT man began to speak, at this point I realised that he had a lisp - the kind where the tongue takes up the mouth and it's really hard to understand the resultant speech, I didn't clock a word of what he said so "Pardon? I didn't catch that - what did you say?"
3 - ENT man, on his wheely chair scooted the 5 feet from his desk and sat RIGHT NEXT TO ME, as in - our knees were touching - and explained, a lot more clearly the following things...
  • I have been booked in for an MRI and CAT scan, both to ascertain that my inner ears and skull in implanted area are suitable - ie no damage or ossification.
  • I shall be receiving communications from Manchester. I couldn't bear to tell him that I'd already looked up the process so knew what to expect - he was looking at me so earnestly I just nodded along and smiled.
"So, Abigail! That is all, it's all bureaucracy I'm afraid - but you're all set!"

Huzzah!

Let's celebrate with Gaga!

Comments

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!! Did you go Manchester Royal Infirmary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have only been activated for 5 weeks now and this has truly given me my life back. I can not wait to read your journey, I know you will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preston Hospital - going to Manchester for the assessments.

    Ld3441 - I hope it does the same for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My daughter, deafness and me

I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?