Good news!

Adam Levine is single again! *cue mad hormonal desire and wild flights of fantasy* ahem.....

Also, after nearly four weeks of wondering just what the hell was going on with Manchester I have finally sorted out an initial assessment appointment... for April 30th at 3pm.

Let's track back...

Me, this morning, upon realising it's been a month since my 'referral.': "Wonder why I haven't heard anything from Manchester, why haven't they responded to my emails? Why is a unit for deaf people so obviously rubbish at communicating via email?".. I sent yet another email, to a different person, who then forwarded that email to annnother person, a Consultant thingummy.

Consultant thingummy: "Apologies for the delayed reponse to your query. **** has passed your email onto me today. I have had a look through our records and it does not seem we have received your referral as yet so I would recommend chasing your ENT consultant to make sure it was sent or to ask for it to be sent again."

Me: "What the FCUK?!" Called Preston, then emailed (just to make sure) - asking why no referral had been sent out.

Preston secretary: "No trace of a referral can be found. We have re-sent the referral."

Two hours later I forwarded the above email and attached referral back to Consultant thingummy just to make sure it had got through...then in a fit of paranoia that it had all gone wrong I emailed him again...

Consultant thingummy: Dear Abigail...We have processed your referral today and booked your inital assessment appointment for 30th April at 3pm. You will get a letter confirming this soon....I hope this is ok.
Kind regards... Consultant thingummy.
I promptly responded 'Thank-you SO much!!'

So yah, if you hadn't already gathered by now - I have my first initial assessment appointment. The only fly in the ointment is this gem from Consultant Thingummy...

"Once we receive the referral we will aim to assess you within 6 weeks. If your assessment indicates that a cochlear implant is a suitable treatment option for you then you will have your operation within another 12 weeks. Following this you will have your initial programming of the processor 2-4 weeks later."

So by my calculations, the latest possible date for me to be functional is the end of August - which is clearly unacceptable because I want to be starting a fricking teaching job at the start of September!!! So obviously I shall have to deploy my (ample) feminine wiles in moving the process along, at warp speed.

In other news:

April 19th - the CT scan awaits...
April 25th - CT evaluation with ENT man, who failed to also inform me of this appointment as well.
April 28th - CI Information Day in Nottingham.

But basically yes, ADAM LEVINE IS SINGLE! Ladies, form an orderly queue please... behind me!!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Damn, the ENT man has a lisp... what's he saying?

My daughter, deafness and me

I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?